This is my first post ever! I am so excited 🙂
So for the first recipe I have chosen easy and quick Arabic cookies. I really like taste of cardamom: fresh, a little bit ground one with strong smell. You can use powder or seed. I am using seeds – they have stronger aroma.
Also, I am using ghee but you can also take oil or butter – depends what you are used to or what you have in the kitchen 😉
If you don’t have one or simply you do not like it you can exchange it with cinnamon.
So let’s start!
What you will need:
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 tea spoon of green cardamom (or few seeds)/cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of oil/butter/ghee
- 1/2 cup of icing sugar
- 1/4 tea spoon of baking powder
- (additionally you can have almonds or nuts to put on top of cookie – before you do that put them for 3 minutes in boiling a little bit salty water)
How to do it:
- Heat oil/butter/ghee and add sugar. Heat will help sugar to melt and mix with grease. Do not boil. Mix it well until smooth.
- Add cardamom/cinnamon and then slowly flour with baking powder. Mix well – dough shouldn’t stick to your hands.
- Make small balls and put them on baking tray (don’t forget about baking paper!). Cookies should have space because they will grow a little bit when baking. Then press them a little bit on the top. If you are using almonds/nuts now its time to place them in the middle. If you are using stamp use it now.
- Bake in 180 degrees for about 10 minutes (it really depends on your oven – mainly keep an eye on cookies and when they will get lightly gold it means they are ready).
- Now the most important part – let them rest and cool down for about 30 minutes.
Ta dah! Your Arabic cookies are ready! Enjoy! 🙂