This bread is pretty simple to make. And mainly all ingredients are already in your kitchen. The only thing that might be a little more time consuming is proper preparation of dough. But when you will make it once you will remember it for a long time 🙂
In India this is bread that you usually eat for breakfast because it is quick to make and very fulfilling. Indian eat it with rice and curry or dal. I prefer to eat it with hummus or cheese or maybe some chicken. I treat it more like a tortilla 🙂
This is basic recipe. You can add herbs and make herbal roti.
You will need:
– cup of wholegrain flour (white flour will do as well)
– 1/4 cup of warm water
– pinch of salt
– olive oil or any oil that you have
How you make it:
- Mix all ingredients until dough is not sticky. Leave it for about 10 – 15 minutes to rest.
- Divide dough into more or less 8 small balls.
- Roll out ball into 2 – 3 mm circles. Put a small tea spoon of oil on the roti covering it all. Then fold it into half. Put more oil on dry side and again fold. Next roll it into small ‘rose’. Do the same thing with all dough balls.
- Heat up dry pan. Take one ‘rose’ and roll out. Put on hot pan. Try to move it a little bit – it should not get burn.
- Turn sides. On fried side put a little bit of oil and turn again. Repeat to all ‘roses’.
Ps. It might sound very complicated but when you will do it once, trust me you will never have to use recipe again 🙂