This dish couldn’t be easier! This is taste of my childhood. The beauty of this cakes is that you can eat them as a dinner or as a dessert. And srsly it is so simple!
There is also nice thing about name – in Poland this is very popular dish and it’s called placki ziemniaczane – potatoe’s cakes, but in Poznań (large city on the west) it’s called plendze.
What you will need:
- 1 kg of pototes (white ones, can be normal or baby ones)
- 1,5 table spoon of flour (plain flour)
- pinch of salt and pepper
- any fat to fry (oil, margarin, butter, etc.)
*additonaly onion/garlic/herbs/fried onion/etc.
How you make it:
- Peel potatoes and puree them (just put them in the blender and mix until smooth).
- Add seasoning and mix again.
- Add flour and stir with spoon. Dough should be still runny.
- Heat oil on a pan and with spoon put a small cakes on it.
- Fry both sides until golden brown. As they drink a lot of fat you might want to put them on paper towel to get rid of additional fat.
Ps. You can add a little bit of onions or garlic or herbs – it really depends on what you like. You can serve it with sourc cream, yogurt, mayo, garlic sauce, tomatoe sauce, etc. It is really flexiable dish.
Thus, you can also eat them plain or with sugar or jam if you want to have nice dessert.